Sunday, May 27, 2012

Carti Training Rides

The training rides are almost as famous as the actual Tour de Rock that it prepares you for.

This year I think they started a little later and didn't have as many as they did last year. I only managed to make 3 of them since I had other things on my calendar to do.


We always start on the NLR side of the river and head east with a different route every week. The mileage increases a little each time we ride. Most of the time I met up with Christy and Bob, but this year Bob has been in the front of the pack with some goals of his own. I usually get to ride with Christy and we catch up on things.


Saturday, May 26 was the last training ride for this year. The Tour de Rock happens in 2 weeks and will hopefully be my second century ride of 2012! Since Christy wasn't going to do the long route on this day, I decided I'd do it and see how fast I could do it. I did my 65 miles in around 4 hours which is fantastic time for me! I struggled the last 10 miles due to knee pain which cut down on my average pace some. Not sure what was going on with my knee, but I hope it doesn't happen again.


I'm excited about TDR. When I did this ride last year, it was my very first century ride! I'm sure we'll have to deal with wind, but I hope the weather is sunny! I just hope there's no rain on that day. The route has been changed up a little, and this year you have to be at certain destinations by certain times in order to be allowed to do the century. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have any kind of bike or health issues that interfere with my plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment