Sunday, May 27, 2012

65 Roses Tour

The day, Saturday April 21. The place, Searcy Arkansas. The weather, COLD, WINDY and CLOUDY!! You expect it to be a little cool in April, but I was dressed for cold weather riding. I had on layers and my leg and arm warmers. Brrrrr!

The ride had great support, good rest stops and lots of friendly folks. This was my first climb up Joy Mountain and I have the t-shirt to prove it! This ride was very hilly! I wasn't really expecting that. You had the hills to contend with as well as heavy traffic on most of the highways involved. And when I say traffic, not only am I talking about regular vehicles, but heavy equipment as well since this area has been drilling for natural gas.

The last several miles, we had some strong head winds and I ended up riding with Jim, Susan and Janice. That really helped since I was starting to get tired from all the hills. There were some great chicken salad wraps after the ride and I visited with Ruth and Joe before going home.

I didn't do this ride last year because it was raining. This year the date was moved up and seemed to work out better. Hopefully next year when this ride comes around we'll have nice sunny and warm conditions. Overall, a great ride for a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment