Sunday, May 27, 2012

ABC Baseball Ride

This is probably one of my favorite group rides! We met at Cooks Landing and rode our bikes downtown heading to Dickey Stephens Park for an Arkansas Travelers game.

I invited Jennifer and Tracy from work to go with me to give them a little taste of what I do when I go to different places and ride with other people. On May 14, we did just that!

We arrived at the stadium and had dinner there at one of the restaurants on site and I had my first ever fish taco. The service could have been better but the food was pretty good!

The ride back in the dark is always a little freaky since I feel like I never have enough light! We made it back safely and I think Jennifer and Tracy had a great time! Hopefully I can talk them into more rides!

Friday, May 18 was "Bike to Work" day and the three of us traveled to work on our bikes. We met up, did the ride, had our picture taken by the local newspaper and went to work. (Although we would have much rather taken the day off and just rode around!) After work, we got on our bikes and made our way back.

I bike to work often (40 + mile round trip) and enjoy doing it. I would love to see more people get out and do the same thing...they just don't know what they're missing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment