Friday, March 25, 2011

Training Ride

Last Saturday I got up bright and early and met several other cyclists for the first training ride of the year for the Carti Tour de Rock.  I was a little intimidated when I arrived. It was mostly men and you could tell most of the people there had been doing this kind of thing for a while!

They divided us into groups - the fast group, the middle group and the slower group.  I of course made my way to the slow group where I met some great people!  Maybe this won't be so bad after all!

After a talk about safety, all of the groups slowly started making their way out.  We headed outside of NLR heading toward England.  It was windy, it was cold and the sun was no where in sight!  I can proudly say that I wasn't the slowest person there! Woo hoooooo!!  I even passed several bikers....guess I'm a little better at this than I thought!

After some great conversation along the way, I finished the 30 mile ride a little after 10:00.  I talked again with one of the ladies I met about some upcoming rides that we were planning on doing and then off to the bike store I went.  I'm working on finding the right kinds of "energy foods" to eat while biking, I purchased a few different things and I have found that I really love the Jelly Belly Sport Beans!!

I headed to Burns Park for some afternoon riding and managed to get in another 30 or so miles.  WOW....that's 60 miles in one day!! I felt so good!  The sun finally came out and it turned into a beautiful day, even if it was still windy!

This Saturday, I'm scheduled to ride in my first tour of this year - the 65 Roses in Searcy.  Last check of the weather shows we may be in for some rain/thundershowers.  If it's raining (lightly) in the morning, I will probably break out the MTB.  I won't be riding at all if it's raining hard!  I get cold too easy and I'm just not into a rainy ride!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will hold out - this is a great cause, and I'm looking forward to great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment