Sunday, March 13, 2011

50 Mile Club


I finally did it! I rode 50 miles in one day!!! I did the River Trail loop 3 times, then had to do some extra riding around Burns Park to get in the full fifty. My goal is to be able to ride 100 miles in a day by the end of this year, so I'm halfway there! 

So now you're probably asking...."How long did it that take you to do that?" Well that's the sad part. It took me 4 hours! The wind was not in my favor, and I was starting to get pretty tired by the end. I have got to learn how to increase my speed and maintain my fuel. I took a short break for a snack, but after eating and then getting back on the bike, I felt way too full....and I didn't even eat much!

More research and trail and error is needed on my part for sure! I'm working on dropping some more weight which should help a bit. I don't know if I can drop some of the items I carry with me on my bike because I feel safe knowing I have everything I could possibly need. I need to reevaluate some of my exercises that I do when I'm not riding...maybe work more on strength training and interval training. And of course asking experienced riders about some of these issues will help me tremendously!

So now that I've met another goal, it's on to the next one!! Two more weeks until the 65 Roses Tour in Searcy. I hope I can do it! And I hope I can do it without it killing me or taking all day! This ride is sure to be a challenge because there are a ton of hills! I guess we'll see...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!


1 comment: