Sunday, February 5, 2012

January Ride

I was able to enjoy a Monday ride on the River Trail at the end of January. I had scheduled a Dr.'s appointment for that morning with the intention of using the rest of the day for riding. I'm glad it turned out to be a pretty good day weather wise. It was windy, started out sunny but then turned cloudy. The temps were around 60 but it felt cooler than that.
There weren't many people out which was nice. I rode from Burns Park, across the Big Dam Bridge, up River Mountain Road, then across Two Rivers Bridge into Two Rivers Park, turned around and headed back towards downtown Little Rock, went across Clinton Presidential Park Bridge, back towards Burns Park where I took a detour to climb Ft. Roots, headed back to my starting point where I then decided to ride the trails around the soccer fields to get more miles in. I rode a total of 31 miles and it felt great!
After dressing a little warmer, I drove to the Argenta Market for one of my favorite panini's, made a quick stop at Wal-Mart then back home. I'm really glad I took a day for myself to enjoy on the bike. Great way to spend a Monday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment