Monday, January 16, 2012

First ride of 2012 and new wheels

Finally! My first ride of 2012 and what a nice day for it. It was a bit windy (18-20 mph S, SE winds) but it was sunny and if you had on some layers, like I did, it felt great! Traffic was pretty light since it was a Sunday afternoon which made it even nicer. I managed to get in 21 miles - a short ride, but the longer rides will come later.

I recently changed out my wheels so this was the first time to try those out. I had wore out my back wheel on the trainer so I decided to get a training tire. Problem with that: I was going to have to have a wheel so I wouldn't have to change the tires out all the time. So I decided to upgrade to a set of Mavic Aksium race wheels/tires. I must say they felt pretty good! I think they make a bit more noise than my old set, but felt really smoothe...even on some of the rougher surfaced roads I was riding.

It's really nice to have some warmer temps in January! I think they are even calling for about a 10 day period of warmer than normal temps. I'm really hoping to make it to the River Trail soon. I miss riding there and I miss eating at the Argenta Market.  I've already been checking the calendar for bike events...I'm sooooo ready for longer days and more riding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment