Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ride for the Cure




Finally! My first organized ride of 2011 that the weather allowed me to do! It was still very cold and very windy!!! I had planned on doing the 50 mile ride, but due to the weather and all the hills (which I'm not use to doing), I decided to just do the 20 mile ride. Before the actual start, they let all the young children ride around the parking lot on their decorated bikes.  We released pink balloons into the air and then it was off to line up on the street.

The hills were everything I had been dreading! I'm so accustomed to riding on the flat delta land around my house so this day was a definite workout! I will say that just seeing the landscape was worth the drive. 

This was the first time I had visited Jonesboro in a few years.  There was a health expo at the Convocation Center, and it was pretty neat to walk around and check everything out.  They served us HUGE burritos after the ride which were yummy...but it was just way to much food for me to eat!

Ride for the cure was for a great cause and I'll probably do it again next year. I just hope that the weather will be warmer!! (and I can really do without the wind next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment